Sunday, April 18, 2010

Ravaged

A tour of the back yard showed that we are still not immune to the ravages of bunny rabbits. Last summer we planted about 30 shrubs of flowering raspberry and the native honeysuckle. They grew and looked good. With so many shrubs, I thought, why protect them from the rabbits when there is plenty to offer the bunnies and therefore plenty to survive the winter. Wrong. They have all been nibbled on and some eaten down to the ground. Others, for some strange reason, were apparently not as tasty and so branches were gnawed off and left on the ground. Woe is me. I am hoping that by some miracle of nature the poor plants will somehow rebound and put on some growth this spring. If not, I am buying an extra big roll of chicken wire.

Cute? I think not.

(picture from www.humanefood.ca/)



2 comments:

  1. You should see the size of our bunnies! They'd eat your's alive, not to mention all the plants.

    ReplyDelete