Thursday, July 8, 2010

Ways to keep cool in the garden

Is it hot enough for you?

I know I am not alone during this heat wave. Apparently all of the northeastern side of North America is enjoying some 34C or 95F temperatures these last four days. Too hot for me. I am a 25C or 77F kind of gal. With a cool breeze. If I lived in the southern states I would be sitting on one of those slider swings under the covered porch, with a ice cold lemonade in hand (made from scratch). I could do that here in Burlington too, but the picture is not nearly as satisfying or romantic.

As we don't have an air conditioned house, finding ways of keeping cool are mandatory. Here is my list:

1. Close all the windows and turn down blinds
2. Turn the furnace fan on to bring the cool up from the basement
3. Keep lots of ice cubes ready
4. Use fans
5. Water plants that are in the shade with a hose so you can spray yourself at the same time
6. Wear as little clothing as you dare
7. Make your favorite cold drink and find a cool place to sit and relax
8. Think cool thoughts

If you have anything to add to this list leave a comment, I'd love to hear how you keep cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment