Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Waterlilies and a shameless plug for a friend

A visit to the RBG in Hamilton/Burlington provided some of these lovely photos taken by a good friend Julie. It was a hot sunny day, one among the many during our heatwave of the past couple of weeks. 











The two gazing pools with waterlilies are new to the gardens and are a wonderful draw for the visitors. 

There is a nice specimen of the tree Metasequoia or Dawn Redwood. It is not huge yet, but is getting there. A great tree-climbing tree.


Another new addition is the Living Wall. I have seen a few other such walls but hear they can be difficult to grow well. Happily this is not the case for this one. 


Flowers and butterflies seem to go together well. Kind of like peanut butter and jam, mmnn.




If you would like to see more of Julie's photos visit her blog here. Also, she is a whiz at Social Media, go here.

8 comments:

  1. Your friends photos are beautiful...as are her subjects. The little girl in me would love to climb that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zdjęcia kwiatów w wodzie przecudne, a Twoje z motylkami tez sa śliczne. Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the photos and they are beautiful, but the one of the Dawn Redwood had me lingering. More of the tree than the image. Magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The water lilies, i have to say are also common here, however that tree is amazingly unusual. Is the structure the effect of training or pinching/pruning other branches, or is it the natural characteristics of that tree. Beautiful! thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello all: yes it seems the tree got most of the attention. The leaves are soft and resemble yew except they are flat. Being one of the oldest trees, I wonder why it is deciduous and not coniferous. Enough moist humid air year round perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those waterlilies are simply beautiful! Beautifully captured.

    Cassy from Acoustic Guitar Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge thanks for the shameless plug %-) Sorry for my delayed (yet sincere) gratitude. And thank you for taking me to such a lovely place!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your recent comment. As I was perusing your blog, I was really struck by your beautiful photos of waterlilies. I love Metasequoia. I didn't realize it could tolerate so much cold. There are some very large specimens here in our Washington Park Arboretum. I'll make a note to get some photos of them up on my blog.

    ReplyDelete