Saturday, February 18, 2012

Gnome sweet home



Doors for gnomes! What will they think of next?

While leisurely perusing  one of my garden magazines I came across this wee article on front doors for your garden gnome's house. Usually I am not someone who goes for these types of things -apart from my concrete mushrooms - but boy I am tempted.

Made in Conception Bay South, Newfoundland Canada, a fellow named Kerry makes small doors for the homes of gnomes or elves in your garden. Kerry has been making them for eight years and has several styles to choose from, complete with windows, mouldings and door knockers. 
" If you build it, they will come", he claims. That's no small brag, but then gnomes aren't very big.

Here is a link to his site on Etsy where you can see more of his gnome doors for sale.


8 comments:

  1. These are charming! I'd be tempted as well. The fairy set ups have caught my eye recently and I'm very tempted to build a little fairy habitat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Funny! Even a little chimney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty darn cute! Any gnome would be proud to call the bottom one a fine birthday tree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are pretty darned cute. Now where can I put one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big awwwwwww! I had a garden gnome once. He just arrived and it's bad luck to remove them. The next year he was joined by lots of smaller gnomes. I believe in live and let live so I left them be. The next year they were all gone. Spooky eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look good against the tree trunk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are cute. I have one of Snow White's gnome among my flower pots.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Patty, Dare I confess to liking gnome or fairy doors. They appeal to the childlike part of my imagination.

    ReplyDelete