Monday, March 12, 2012

I am speaking at Canada Blooms

This week Ontario's largest garden show Canada Blooms begins
March 16-25, 2012
Direct Energy Centre, Toronto Ontario
2012 Theme: 'CityCulture'




It is a big show with flower contests, garden designs, a retail area and many many excellent speakers. This year I will be speaking with other Master Gardeners at the show. It is my first speaking appearance in such a big venue. I will be talking about the History of Gardening in Canada. While gardening in Canada is quite short compared to the rest of the world, I will attempt to tell you all about it in 40 short minutes. Please join me on Monday March 19 at 2pm room 105 Hall A for an interesting look back in time.

Hope to see you there. 


5 comments:

  1. Wow, this is wonderful. My garden club is coming, but on a different day. Maybe I can swing coming to hear your talk. I made note of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, if you are able to swing by please make yourself known. I would love to meet you.

      Delete
  2. Wow, congratulations, Patty! Good luck with your presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Patty, Hope the talk went well and that you had a good turnout. Unfortunately, the only time I had for Canada Blooms was on Saturday, and even then, I only had a few hours. I don't know what you thought of the show, but I was not impressed. There were a number of displays that I would describe as tacky or ugly. I took very few pictures.Love to know what you thought. Did you like that the show was lumped in with the Home Show?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jennifer, from all the gossip around it sounds as if most people were disappointed in the show. It was small and not well attended. I did not like the home show next door, although a neighbor of mine who went found it handy. I did like looking at the individual floral art pieces, some were quite interesting.

      Delete