Thursday, January 10, 2013

A Coyote Visits

Last week the coyote dropped by for a quick visit. I think she was following the trail of some animal as her nose was to the ground (snow) pretty much the entire time I followed her.
She was not an easy one to follow either. I noticed her first in the neighbour's front yard, then she came over to our side, made her way to the garden close to the street and then turned around and went to the back.  Then turned around again before retracing her steps to the front, then went over to the neighbour on the other side before crossing back to our back yard and eventually disappeared  towards the creek. Meanwhile I am running from room to room trying to capture her on the camera. There are a few good snaps and as you will see she is in good shape and not too hungry.










Until next time...

10 comments:

  1. Hi Patty, happy new year! That's a pretty bold coyote. Your shots are great. She must have been hungry to stray so far into human territory!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. I have lived here for 11 years now and I have only seen her in the past two years, so it is a fairly recent habitat change.

      Delete
  2. Hi Patty, that's some great photos! All we got around here in London are scabby foxes, and they don't look as pretty and well-fed as your coyote!

    Taking photos like this can be very tricky, I remember when I still lived in Norway, we used to have a lynx coming right up to the house in the winter in the early morning, I could never get a decent photo of him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tricky is right! Running from room to room trying not to bang into anything.

      Delete
  3. Odważnego i niesamowitego miałaś gościa i zrobiłaś mu świetne zdjęcia. Pozdrawiam.
    You were courageous and amazing guy and he did great photos. Yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a beauty, I agree. Thanks for the compliments.

      Delete
  4. Coyotes are beautiful animals. I've heard they live in many Seattle parks, but I've never seen one. A few years ago one appeared downtown. It ended up in an elevator in the federal office building. I can see why you don't garden in December. But in Seattle, we seldom have snow. Winter is good for pruning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not imagine a coyote in a office building. That must have been quite the story.

      Delete
  5. We don't have coyote's here in New Zealand but he does look an interesting character. Beautiful pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you stopping by and leaving a comment.

      Delete