Monday, April 1, 2013

April does Fool

Well it has been quite a day weather wise. I woke up to sun, then it clouded over and then started to snow. This sequence of weather events has continued over and over again all day.
While the snow that has fallen never amounted to anything, and none lies on the ground any longer, it reinforces my desire to see spring in my garden. And so while I await that warmth to coax spring plants out of the ground I leave you with a photo from a year or so ago, when spring did arrive in April.








"It's spring fever.  That is what the name of it is.  And when you've got it, you want - oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!"
-  Mark Twain


5 comments:

  1. I love these white hearts :) They look so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are beauties aren't they? I think I prefer them to the pink ones.

      Delete
  2. My garden is about 3 weeks behind where it was last year. But last year was way too warm. My bleeding hearts are barely poking out of the soil. It's still too cold for them. I am so ready for some color and warmth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It hit -11 C last night and all my rhodo leaves are curled up again. They are saying it will warm up tomorrow, could it be the day when spring begins?

      Delete
  3. It's a frustrating spring, isn't it? I got all excited last week when we had a bit of warm weather, and now we're stuck with frigid temps again. Argh. Well, when it finally gets warm it will feel so nice!

    ReplyDelete